Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > "Rock-Dodgers" and other coasters, built until 1979, upto 2999 GT and Coastal Shipping Companies > Coastal Shipping Companies - Past and Present Day/ Kümo-Reedereien - Gestern und Heute > Danish Shipping Companies > Juhl & Ehrhorn I/S, Esbjerg

Old 06-08-19, 10:24 AM

Hi MFoged - I must have met your Father at Wivenhoe 1984/5 on Elisabeth Clipper, used to fix her from Bremen with petcoke during the Miners Strike in UK.
Also the Mette Clipper round to Workington with same cargo.The foundries in UK were desperate for coke/coal to carry on production.Strange situation few years later I was trying to fix the Elisabeth Clipper with Jorgen with Walter Prosetti for Pisa Canal long term Charter!What she was originally built for ! I think the only way to meet the beam restriction was to take the rubbing strake off her hull but could'nt come to terms on the daily hire Best Regards Gareth
Old 14-09-19, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniconnection Shipping View Post
Hi MFoged - I must have met your Father at Wivenhoe 1984/5 on Elisabeth Clipper, used to fix her from Bremen with petcoke during the Miners Strike in UK.
Also the Mette Clipper round to Workington with same cargo.The foundries in UK were desperate for coke/coal to carry on production.Strange situation few years later I was trying to fix the Elisabeth Clipper with Jorgen with Walter Prosetti for Pisa Canal long term Charter!What she was originally built for ! I think the only way to meet the beam restriction was to take the rubbing strake off her hull but could'nt come to terms on the daily hire Best Regards Gareth
Hi Uniconnection.

Yes, you most probably met him. His main ship and love was Helene II, but he also had some tours on the others. I myself was sailing on U.K. + Ireland with Helene II from 84-87 and had many great great times in the small harbour pubs along Thames/Trent/Ouse/Mersey a.s.o.

And what you said about the Pisa saga is also what I've heard, except that it was the daily hire that stopped the projekt.

Best Regards!
Michael
Old 16-09-19, 12:21 PM

Talking

Hi MFoged and Kent - indeed, Helene one of the classic Sietas built tweendeckers.
Trying to remember if we had the Karin or Mette in with the coal to Rowhedge or Wivenhoe for one voyage. I can see the Elisabeth at Wivenhoe but can't remember Captains name now.
Guess you remember all the owners from those days , Wonsild,Baltimar,A&E Sorensen,Echoship , Nordane,Rousing , Stevns Svenborg , HC Grube, Folmer,
Gorgens - can't remember if Gorgens were the guys who had a Ringkobing(640cc) pulled up in the Suez with something other than tractors on Manifest
Best Regards Gareth
Old 16-09-19, 12:32 PM

Hi Michael, sorry missed your last post ..... Also Ole Christensen's ships 1100cc half-shelter deckers,6 of them but what were the names ?, one became the Ert Stefanie by Jens Sorensen Sorek Chartering London (worked there hence know a lot of Danes and owners ). Been to Denmark many times over the years Svendborg , Ejsberg etc and a lot of good mates over there and the ones in Germany/UK.
We were part of the Intersee GmbH Haren-Ems Group for many years until the crash.......... an old mate there Flemming Soerensen a Svendborgite worked there for many years and we fixed and travelled a lot in search of the elusive 'Moon Rock' cargoes Good Days Regards Gareth