Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > For our members - Für unsere Mitglieder > Suggestions & "Feed-back"

Old 10-07-13, 11:41 AM

Default Structure-thoughts in juli that I want to share with you guys

Hello everybody:

An idea of sorting coastal shipping companies into a Country-Thing, so we make a place for all english companies, another Group containing german companies, a Group for dutch shippingcompanies, one for swedish companies, norwegians, Danish
I would also like a place where we make the same Thing once more but in stead of sorting ships by country, they could be sorted in german shipyards, dutch shipyards, english shipyards, swedis-finnish-norwegian-danish-polish-shipyards. both existing & historical

No other shipspotting-sites have made the effort to present the single ships in context with both their owners and their builders history, so I think it could be the new trend that we put our ships into their right historical context making it easy to find, easy to work with, easy to Research, easy to join the life history of the ship, the history of her Crew and compare that with the history of the shipping-companies who owned her during her life time on the seven seas and add then the history of building the ship and the history of the particular Yard and Designers who created her.... all this info gathered in and by the same Homepage for shiplovers who love ships and who loves to Research them and their past to find all relavant data on her to tell a more or less full Story of the ships they either have themselves or on those ships the find on our Homepage....

That´s a Little of my brain-activity right now... perhaps not much to talk of, but it´s all in good faith and in the best meaning and interests
Now I have shared my thoughts about developing our site.... It could be something like this, or/and you perhaps have similar thoughts/ideas in your heads waiting to come out and be shared and discussed. So please let us share our ideas and views on things....
Lets have a Chat on the subjects that may raise and let the leaders/owners/administraters/Moderators on our site know a Little of us, our wishes and our thoughts regarding a fantastic site for shipping-enthusiasts and shiplovers on the Internet and IRL....

Best of wishes to each and every-one of you, hope you all have the best of summers and the most fantastic summerhollidays ever.
Regards
Kent alias "Rødspætten"
Old 18-07-13, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Hi Kent,
adding the shipyards might be a good idea, but should only the histories be posted or the built ships too?? Shouldn`t be a problem to copy the posted ships too, but we would have the these ships posted 2 times and if they are in the Coastal Shipping Companies too, 3 times....

Any suggestions?? Kent and from other members too
Old 18-07-13, 11:34 PM

Default No need to copy photos on the site to multiple sections...

Can´t it be made by linking to the photos... ?

If we have a photo of a ship on the site that we wish to put into a history-section, or any other section, for the different shipping-companies who owned the ship and/or a section for the shipyards who built it, can´t we do that by adding a link to the photo in question in stead of making two or three copies and uploads of that very same photo....?

I don´t know, just a thought....
But if you have a look on our site, you´ll see it done like that in many
occasions already...
Both internal and external linking is used by some of us already...
Rgds
Kent
Old 21-07-13, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Hi Kent, thank you very much for your reply. Posting the links of the ships in Shipyards section, is in my opinion not a good idea. It is difficult to keep the "overview" while posting the links, remember when I posted the links for the ship under their other names, sometimes got the same again, one is seeing only numbers of the thraids in the address list, quite tiresome and one is seeing only the link listed, could be that some members don`t have the time or patience to click on all the links in order to view....
But of course, it is only MY opinion