Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > For our members - Für unsere Mitglieder > Suggestions & "Feed-back"

Old 14-01-14, 07:36 PM

Default coastal shipping companies

dierk I think this would be a smashing idea skiboo bob angus
Old 14-01-14, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Hi Bob,
I believe that it could be as interesting as the section "Ships I`ve sailed on", but will be a task which can`t be "tackled" only by a few members ....
and it will take "ages" to get it done, but am "only" 62
Old 15-01-14, 05:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Ron Halliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierk Bauer View Post
Hi Bob,
I believe that it could be as interesting as the section "Ships I`ve sailed on", but will be a task which can`t be "tackled" only by a few members ....
and it will take "ages" to get it done, but am "only" 62

As a suggestion Dierk, Past and Present Day. Would add to the Heading. Especially since most coastal companies in the UK have disappeared.
Old 15-01-14, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Good morning Ron,
thank you very much for your suggestion. When I created the sub-forum for Maersk, added in the title "The early days" because they started too with coastal shipping, like some other companies, who are trading "Deep-sea" today too, Peter Döhle at Hamburg is a good example

Will heed your advise
Old 10-10-14, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Default Maersk and other companies

Hi all, am sorry that I started this discussion in the Chatbox, should be put in here, because it concerns us all and your opinion is important .....

Maersk ships of Bangsbo Museum now on the agenda....bigger ships better to berth only in section "Other Vessels not only..." and not in "Maersk the early days" ?? and when do the early days end guess Triple E boxships don`t fit, while smaller ones, like Off-shore supply ships do, as they are active in Coastal waters....

Reply from Jan Hendrik:
Dierk/Kent, it might be an idea to subdivide Maersk into foll groups: bulkers, tankers (incl chem.tankers), container, cargo, offshore supply and tugs, other offshore constructions.

Maersk: Also "the early days" where do we stop, which year?

Kosangas has a separate mention, fine, but what abt after JL took them over? Should we continue posting under Kosangas or JL?

Unquote

Please let us know what you think.....
Old 10-10-14, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Default Maersk and other companies

Hi Jan, sorry for the late reply, but had to leave for Doc`s appointment and work in the morning.....

re Kosangas, guess we post the ships NOW owned by JL, but still with Kosangas livery and funnelmarkings, in the subforum of Kosangas......
They will be copied to their ships category too. The idea was to post some images of one ship of the comany into the Sub-forum of the company, in order to get a complete overview of the company, with it`s history, fleetlist and photos with details and history of their owned ships, while the majority of the images should be posted in the different categories.....
Nobody complained and it was thought to be a good idea, saving members the use of the search engine,which can only find the ship pictures, if the company was mentioned in the posting.

But now we got the problem with the shipping companies, who started small, but grew like Maersk or Döhle to shipowners with lots of "Deep-sea" ships, or shipping companies who operate(d) in the coastal as well as the "Deep-sea" trade....Now the big question, where to draw the line?? We had the discussing too, before it was decided that ships exceeding 3000 GT can be posted in the section "Other Vessels Not only for ...."

Our main focus should be always coasters, so guess would be a good idea drawing a line in regards of size .......

Would be really gratefull for suggestions