Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > For our members - Für unsere Mitglieder > Ships I have sailed on - Schiffe auf denen ich fuhr

Old 14-10-12, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Default Robbie Kottemann - My ships

My Ships, posted by Robbie on the 21st of June 2011

My Ships

Summer Holidays

MV Petra Gunda
MV Sundern
MV Destel
MV Kini Kersten
MV Owen Kersten
MV Pascal Kersten

As a sailor

MV Vaterland
MV Sellebrunn
MV Sunny Trader
MV Hannelore
MV Wallona

All registered in Hamburg with the exception of the Sunny Trader and the Wallona
Regards Robbie
Old 14-10-12, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Default Robbie Kottemann - My ships

The comments saved by myself last year:

John Baird 06-30-2011 07:40 PM
My Ships
Started in 66 on the SILVERTHORN, then, ISLE of LEWIS, VOLMER, SAINT FERGUS, GLENSHIEL, GLENFYNE, STORMLIGHT, SPARTAN and in 82, OWENGLAS. Would do it all over again...

Uniconnection Shipping 07-02-2011 03:11 PM
Hi John
Owenglas owned by Greenore Ferries? and managed by Richard Lawton, Willie and Brian who also owned the Skellig Rock/Daunt Rock/Tuskar Rock/Fastnet Rock, guess you know them?
Cheers Gareth

John Baird 07-02-2011 09:34 PM
Richard was skipper in herwhen i was in her in 82 . She was trading under Contadora Sg . (Panamese Flag). O, Rahallaigh was the owner. John Casey from Limerick was CE. Tyhanks for the info jOHN

Bob Swan 07-02-2011 09:36 PM
Hi Gareth-I did a trip as Chief Enginee on either the Tuskar Rock or the Fastnet Rock in 1992.By then she was owned by Carisbrooke Shipping and renamed the"Janet C".It was proably the Tuskar but altzheimers has blunted the memory, perhaps somebody can jog my memory-regards Bob

Uniconnection Shipping 07-04-2011 09:25 AM
Hi John-Bob
Thanks info, John maybe it was'nt Greenore Ferries(did they have berth-stevedoring operation in
Belfast Lough?) as I'm sure the Owenglas was owned by such an operation and the name above rings a bell as was one of the bosses or owner.I'll try to find out. We managed Richard's Kim ex Ganton when we had the office in Colchester back in the 80's skipper Peter O'Mahoney.Were you on the Owneglas when she did the pipes trip to the Persian Gulf,I remember Richard telling me the story as he was skipper on that trip.Bob I'll see what I can find on the Tuskar Rock
Cheers Gareth P.S The Owenglas was converted to a cattle-carrier abt 10 years ago

Alan Parsons 12-21-2011 09:20 PM
Daunt Rock.

Good to see a mention of the Daunt Rock ,remember her well when she made many voyages from Antwerp to Dunball Wharf with coal (Bristol Channel, Port of Bridgwater) during the miners strike. The master at the time was Cameron Gannie (hope I've spelt it right) who lived in the Channel Islands. Rember she was leaving Dunball one evening and was in the process of turning around off the berth when there was a hell of a bang and the main engine stopped dead. Fortunately she still had one spring ashore and the pilot, Captain Norman Curnow, managed despite the hellish strong tide running in the river, to warp her back alongisde. I think she was there for a couple of days, a piston having let go in the main engine.

There was a rumour that none of the 'rock' boats were very strongly built and if they went aground during the discharge the hulls didtirted so much that the hatches couldn't be closed until they refloated. Don't know if thats true but the Daunt Rock made an awful lot of voyages during the strike and I think she must have been a good earner.

Alan Parsons