Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > Requests for Pictures, Identities and other Informations > Information of a particular ship

Old 13-11-13, 07:47 PM

Default Ben Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
By the colour scheme alone, she is modeled on a BEN liner of Leith.Scotland.

But,they never had a BEN ROSIE. - (artistic licence)

follow this link for a history of the company with photos: http://www.rhiw.com/y_mor/ben_line/ships_01.htm

and..... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...w=1088&bih=443....

Cheers,Rick
Hello Rick, a friend of mind who has just past-away & the Ben Rosie model was among the rest of the model if I said 20-25 all unfinished, of them I wouldn't be Wong, & if you notes that it has a Yellow with tip Black stack not Ben Line funnel, I spent all w-end looking 4 it, I was going 2 buy it from his wife until I did some research on it, you see the card in the post as well, it fell out when we where looking @ it, it reads, My first view of this that it was a ben line steamer low & behold it is, (Haha) this is a family shipping company who are based on the east coast of Scotland, The value to be 300-500 if auction @ Aberdeen you could hit the jackpot, My friend went to London to buy it just before he past away. I saw it for the first time lust week, & his wife told me he paid 200 for it, if it was a Ben boat I would pay that for it?? poor guy got rip-off, still it's a nice model..
Old 13-11-13, 08:06 PM

Hi JJ,Point taken,but I did say 'modelled on a BEN Line ship'-in fact the third photo along is showing the houseflag of the company - a single black anchor on a white background with a red border !!

Cheers,Rick.
Old 13-11-13, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Hi JJ,Point taken,but I did say 'modelled on a BEN Line ship'-in fact the third photo along is showing the houseflag of the company - a single black anchor on a white background with a red border !!

Cheers,Rick.
Thank you Rick 4 the info, yes I did notes the photo & the lines are much the same, I'll post some pic of my models 3 finished, & one that I'm working on @ the moment, thank you once again.
Best Reg: John