Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > Requests for Pictures, Identities and other Informations > Picture Requests

Old 16-08-17, 08:39 AM

Default Pic request/idea

Why isn't there pics of the ships at night? You know, with their running lights on....?
Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are complete nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.
Old 18-08-17, 08:59 AM
Administrator

C.Kem, thanks a lot for your question.

Guess that there are several reasons that no such phooties can be found on CR.

Most of us are interested viewing the "daylight" pictures, as one can compare better the changes during their years. Have to admit too, that it wouldn`t be fun looking at my photos, taken during the darkness but can speak only for myself
Old 26-08-17, 09:58 AM

True, but availability would be nice.
Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are complete nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.
Old 29-08-17, 11:30 PM

Speaking for myself - I find this whole thread a waste of time and until I can be convinced of the merit of the proposal, one can only reflect that this is 30 seconds of my life that I will not get back. Albeit I respect the right to express views on this website.

Last edited by Leslie Spurling; 29-08-17 at 11:38 PM.
Old 30-08-17, 08:17 AM
canalsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Spurling View Post
Speaking for myself - I find this whole thread a waste of time and until I can be convinced of the merit of the proposal, one can only reflect that this is 30 seconds of my life that I will not get back. Albeit I respect the right to express views on this website.
Well stated Leslie. I have been trying to think of a suitable response for a few days. If you want to see lights, go out and stand in the street. Spent my life looking at red, green and white lights and mostly attempting to keep clear of them. I personally like to look at ship pictures that I can relate to.
Old 09-09-17, 06:56 AM

Leslie and Canalsider, I'm sorry if you feel that way. Not everyone has had those opportunities, so viewing pics is as best as we can get. Video would be nice as well.

For the longest time I have loved ships, though the largest I ever stepped on was a stern-wheeler on the Mississippi River back when I was a teenager. Only been to the ocean twice (the Pacific), not even for a swim. The last being in 1994.